16 October 2008

Week 6: Thing #13 Technorati and Such ...

Into week 6: Learning about Tagging, Folksonomies, Technorati, Delicious (a social bookmaking site) (thing #13), Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries.

Anyone who's hip on the above mentioned topics will be ahead of the curve. Libraries are information centers, and web technology, blogs, RSS feeds, and things like Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 are the future. The amount of tools and information out there is mindboggling but a focused program like the Library 2.0 23 Things Challenge is a godsend.

The number of accounts I've created on various eServices (my term, I think) had become almost unmanagable for me ... until I discovered the bookmarking service Delicious. How cool! I can bookmark my eBlog, Facebook, Zoho, FastCompany Linked-In, Shutterfly and all the other accounts I've created and access them through my very mobile Delicious bookmarks account from any Internet-access computer! Not just on one computer but from any computer in the world! How cool is that! It never ends ....

No comments: