25 October 2008

Week 1: Learning 2.0 & Lifelong Learning

  • As recommended by Rayburn's 23 Things Challenge
  • 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners
    1. Begin with the end in mind. 2. Accept responsibility for your own learning. 3. View problems as challenges. 4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner. 5. Create your own learning toolbox. 6. Use technology to your advantage. 7. Teach/mentor others. 7 1/2. Play. PLAY is my favorite, probably the easiest for me since I'm a hands-on learner. BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND is probably the most challenging for me since I tend to get distracted by so many interesting things along the way. I have to make a concerted effort to focus on the end instead of wandering off course down some other tantalizing path.

No comments: