08 November 2008

Week 8, Thing 18 Web-based Apps: not just for desktops


Annette Lamb's NLA blog presentation offers solid advice for using various technologies in a practical way to connect with customers and the community at large. For example, families that are interested in Omaha Public Libraries wonderful storybook character programs can sign up for updates on when Clifford the Big Red Dog or other characters are visiting the library. They can choose to receive simple notices as text messages on their mobile phones, or they can get library blog updates on their laptops or work computers. Now, I will figure out how to post the slide presentation I just created on Zoho.
I love how easy Zoho Writer is. I'm not posting a slide presentation as I mentioned above but a simple document instead. It's a demonstration of what can be accomplished with Zoho Writer. There are also other web-based applications worth exploring.

No comments: